Okay there are so many moments I love! Today was full of them. A week
ago my friend Sally and I decided to go hike Mount Fushan. In Qingdao there are
two mountains Fushan and Laoshan. Supposedly Fushan is easier…well I wouldn’t call
it easy but doable. So we plan to meet at 11:00 ready to go. Well due to some
miscommunication with taxi drivers instead of my friend and her flat mate
picking me up I went in search of them in a taxi once I found them we went to
my campus to pick up my friend/Principal. Once we were all assembled we head
out about an hour after we planned-no worries. We walked up the street from our
campus went right passed some Chinese cemeteries went to the right again and
passed a bigger cemetery then we looked out and tried to figure out which way
after we phoned a friend we followed the flat dirt part and went into the
trail/bush. So then it is time to hike I mean rock climb up the side of this
mountain-we made and took it slow. As we were reaching the almost top we
stopped and explored a German bunker that was cool although we got a bit of
scare. We took a picture expecting more distance and just a wall and there was
an open door that let down a long tunnel-apparently Sally and Kahurangi saw a
horror movie about tunnels and mutated people so we got a scare-lol. Then we
made it up the last bit of rock climbing as we were going we saw people
repelling and commented on how fun that would be. We get to where the group is
and were asked if we would like to try. Well of course we said yes! So Sally
and Kahurangi went then Jane and I went. I have to say it was tricky trying to
climb up these huge rock formations to get to the top and starting off was
tricky but once I hit the edge and starting walking I got comfortable and
actually repelled and jumped off! J It was so amazingly
wonderful and exhilarating words can’t express. These groups of guys were so
friendly and encouraging it was an adventure! Apparently by the time I went
down we had a crowd watching-lol have to see what these foreigners are
doing-love it! One of the moments I love during this hike and repelling is
making friends with so many people! After we repelled we went to a look out
house where a older man had passed us on the trail and he offered us 2 rounds
of tea-so sweet of him. Next it was the adventure of going down. We explored
another bunker and lookout then we went through this cool tunnel and took
pictures on a huge bolder. Then we walked down the mountain we had conquered
filling full of life. We parted ways with Jane and then Kahurangi and then
Sally and I treated ourselves to a blizzard. J Oh but the day
was not done I realized I was late to a birthday party for one of the “nephews”
I have here. So I ran up my 4 flights of stairs and changed clothes than ran
down 4 flights of stairs finally got a taxi to show up with about 30 minutes of
the party left but I made it and he was happy! J I am not sure
what the next adventure will be however I am ready! Go big or go home!:)
I hope 2014 has already brought some amazing adventures! Miss you, girl. Let's catch up soon! :)
ReplyDelete-Jessie