Hello Autumn,
I love Autumn it is my favorite season! I have had a busy month of October. We had the Mid-Autumn Festival. I was able to make moon cakes with my students and ate a few too...yummy! We had a break for Mid-Autumn Festival so what does my roommate Debra and I do on our first Saturday... wake up about 6:40 a.m. and start making pancakes for a pancake breakfast party with 3 of our favorite kids, of course! We had a blast the rest of the break was a bit more relaxing. I went to a used furniture market with some ladies where I did not find what I was looking for but I came up with a couple of ideas that would make my parents proud. Such as an old bicycle with a cart would make a great plant bed or an old door would make a good picture display. On the actual Sunday night of the Moon Festival we had some colleagues over including kids there were about 30 people. We made kabobs and mini chocolate pies. Everyone brought something to share and some people brought games. Since our apartment has two floors we had Pictionary on the top floor and Karaoke from the Philippians on the bottom floor. I am still having adventures though. I have gone to a place called Tai Dong which is huge, there is a fabric street, plant street, pet street and tons of shops in between including tailors which is where I went because I had a skirt made and a dress taken in. The main reason for this trip is because I have lost at least 8 kg which is about 17lbs since arriving 3 months ago, Awesome! Okay so some other fun times have been had as well. We had a sip and see which honored three of the newest babies in our community. Last weekend I had a fun adventure I joined some friends on the beach to watch the waves and eat a Japanese hot pot meal. Today I am going to a Pumpkin Party it is to celebrate three birthdays with yummy pumpkin treats. I am loving living here every moment I am thankful!
No comments:
Post a Comment